Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Archives not working, comments not showing and a page question !

Old Dec 13, 2008, 07:05 AM
aliferste

19 posts · Dec 2008
Hiya, three quick questions!

1. Any ideas why my archives would not be working ?

2. Also - my comments are not showing up for some reason?

3. In the last release I edited a page so that the right sidebar was gone - I do not see a way of doing that with this release - any ideas?

http://urbanflyfisher.com/
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
3. There's an option now to exclude sidebars on a per-page basis at the menu tab "Sidebars"

1 & 2. Do you mean that you have no links to comments and archives? I think I've seen your post footers while you had 3.0 up and there were no comment links. Have you tried the default or example post footer configuration (Menu tab "Post/Page Info Items")?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 01:40 PM
aliferste

19 posts · Dec 2008
Hi Flynn,

Ok - the page question was a red herring as it was my own silly fault in not reading what I was supposed to be doing

However - yup I am just using the default config for the footer an there are no links to comments !

I have reactivated 3 and here is my archives page:
http://urbanflyfisher.com/archives/
Old Dec 13, 2008, 01:52 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Can you try to deactivate the plugin BT-Active Discussions and see if the comment links come back?

As for the archives page, looks like I have missed them alltogether, will add in 3.1

Note to readers: The monthly, daily etc archive links should work - the page that lists all archive links is missing
Old Dec 13, 2008, 02:35 PM
aliferste

19 posts · Dec 2008
Hi Flynn

Glad I was not just being silly about the archives

I have deactivated the BT active discussion plugin and the links have not reappeared.

Is there any reason that in the default config config for the footers I get:

%date(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'F jS, Y\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\')% | %tags-linked(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'Tags: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' | \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\')% Category: %categories-linked(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\')% | %comments(\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'Leave a comment\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'One comment\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'% comments\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'Comments are closed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\')%
Old Dec 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am aware of that backslash issue, it's not happening for me or for everyone, but 1 or 2 users already had it happen on their site. I am looking into this and the comments issue

I'll be working on nothing but these and the few other errors the next few days so a fixed 3.1 should come very soon
Old Dec 13, 2008, 05:32 PM
aliferste

19 posts · Dec 2008
Hiya,

I upgraded my PHP from 4 to 5 and then got the error

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/urban1/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/functions/bfa_postinfo.php on line 161

I see you are already on to this issue here

Went back to PHP4 and the error message went away again however the same problem with the no links remain. I will keep an eye on the other thread.

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 02:59 AM
neocratus

9 posts · Dec 2008
does anyone know how to downgrade to php4?

can i do it myself or it's up to the webhost provider?

becouse it seems to be that php5 creates problems..
Old Dec 14, 2008, 03:16 AM
aliferste

19 posts · Dec 2008
I just login to cpanel and in PHP config it gives me the choice.

I just went back to PHP5 and I could not login again !