Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

BuddyPress Sidebars

Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:07 PM
gcaleval

14 posts · Jul 2009
BuddyPress Sidebars

I've searched the forums and cannot find if there ever was a resolution to the problems of getting ATA sidebars to show up on BuddyPress pages. All of the old threads just kind of peter out without any solution.

I've been using a different theme for some months as I couldn't solve it but the theme I am using is really resource hungry generating hundreds of queries per page and consequently very slow page loads.

I know the bit about adding the get header code and I have no problem with the header showing up. The problem is getting the sidebars to display on a page like domain.com/members/USERNAME or domain.com/members/USERNAME/activity/

From checking on a couple of sites that used to have the problem I see one's moved to a customized version of the BP Default theme and another seems to have figured out the fix for ATA.

Perhaps someone knows what the key difference is between a theme like Suffusion that handles the sidebars without incident and ATA? If that is known we could adapt to imitate the Suffusion functionality?