Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Creating a home page that is a page

Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ohhhh, that's a piece of cake, You know, the hardest part of solving a problem is defining the problem. This thread is old and things changed greatly with 3.4.x

go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP and find teh line

HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
and change it to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_page('5')) {bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>');} ?>
NOTE: this will only remove it for teh HOME page, but the if could be changed to remove it from all PAGE pages by saying 'if (!is_page())'
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:53 PM
UniqueDiveAdventures

16 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks Juggledad, that did the trick! The simplest answer is usually the right one!

Two more questions please:

1. Where would I go to remove some of the spacing that is left over between the content and the header/menubar?

2. Can I repeat this code to remove the title from individual pages, like to remove it from our About Us page I'd throw in (fyi, it doesn't seem to work):

<?php if (!is_page('2')) {bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>');} ?>
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want to use it for multiple pages, you need to use the array format of is_page()
Quote:
is_page(array(42,'about-me','About Me And Joe'))
Returns true when the Pages displayed is either post ID 42, or post_name "about-me", or post_title "About Me And Joe". Note: the array ability was added at Version 2.5.
taken from http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

check out what you have set in the Center column style
Old May 10, 2010, 03:59 PM
carole

3 posts · Apr 2010
To remove the page title from pages, go to your WordPress Dashboard (not the Atahualpa options), open a page to edit it, and click the box that says "Check to NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trt823
Hi thought I'd chime in here...

First I just installed this template and so far I love the flexibility.

I too would like to remove the page title but from all the pages as well as the navigation area. I was surprised to find the word "Pages" hard coded instead of letting the user name it (or not in my case) in the widget.

1. Can you tell me how to remove the word "Pages" from the navigation area
2. How to move the page titles from all of the pages

Thanks for you help!
Tonya
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hopflys

29 posts · Jan 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Hi, is there an update to this guide to removing the page title from pages? I am working with release 3.6
Thanks
David
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
MtnStreamGroup

23 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by carole
To remove the page title from pages, go to your WordPress Dashboard (not the Atahualpa options), open a page to edit it, and click the box that says "Check to NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages"
I'm looking at an 'edit page' screen and I don't see the box Carole is referring to. I'm using v3.6.1 with WordPress 3.0.4. Am I missing something?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 04:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to the seo option page and turn on the first option
Old Feb 7, 2011, 03:07 PM
bittyimp

1 posts · Feb 2011
Hi! I am using Wordpress 3.0.4 and Atahualpa 3.6 for a website. The reading settings are set to a static front page and a different posts page. However, every time I attempt to publish a post, it immediately overwrites the static front page as well as publishing to the secondary posts page. I have chosen these settings with older versions of Atahualpa on other sites and have never seen this issue before. Please help me stop banging my head on the keyboard! Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 07:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you on 3.6.0?
What is the url?

What EXACTLY are the settings for the options at dashboard->settings->reading
what happens if you switch to the TwentyTen theme?
Have you tried it with ALL plug-in's deactivated?