Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

TIP: How to create single page website (salesletter-type) with Atahualpa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 13, 2009, 03:49 PM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
TIP: How to create single page website (salesletter-type) with Atahualpa

My long time dream was to find a nice and clean Wordpress theme without all the bells, whistles and junks hanging all over it.

What if I want to start with 1-page salesletter-type site (while having all the Wordpress SEO powers under the hood) and then grow it up from there?

Here's how to make your Wordpress website - pure 1-page site with no junk around:

- Install Wordpress + Atahualpa, activate it.
- Goto WP Admin Panel -> Pages->Add new and create your page. It could salesletter, photo gallery - whatever you want.
- Uncheck [ ] Allow Comments and [ ] Allow pings
- [Publish]
- WP Admin Panel -> Settings -> Reading - "Front page displays" = "A static page", select the page that you just created.
- [Save changes] button
- WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Header -> Configure Header Area :
erase everything from there.
- Scroll down and [Save Changes].
- WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Sidebars -> LEFT sidebar: display on:
Uncheck all checkboxes. Do the same for RIGHT sidebar: display on: (uncheck all boxes)
- WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Post/Page styling -> HEADLINE box, and enter this: visibility: hidden;
- Final touch:
WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Layout -> Layout Container Style, replace text box with this (customize for your needs):
border: 1px solid gray;
padding-top:10px;
margin-top:10px;
margin-bottom:10px;

Now clear browser's cache, reload and check your website - nice, clean one-page website.

- As your site start growing you may gradually enable more pages/posts/sidebars/images and the rest of good stuff, thanks to powers of admin-panel-driven Atahualpa.

Enjoy,

Gleb Esman
http://www.memberwing.com/