Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Customised header image URL?

Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:00 AM
lctkw

10 posts · Feb 2009
I'm not sure if this is already doable, but I'd just like to ask check about this.

While updating the theme (by uploading a new copy in a new directory) I'd realised that I needed to manually move/copy the old header images over as well. Is it possible to specify a URL (outside the theme directory, perhaps even on an external URL) for this purpose? It'll make future upgrading easier, and will probably help with Wordpress MU installations where users can't upload their own header images.

Same goes with favicons, actually - is this actually possible?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:50 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could edit bfa_rotating_header_images.php lines 29-30

PHP Code:
    $imgpath TEMPLATEPATH '/images/header/';

$imgdir get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/'
to, i.e.

PHP Code:
    $imgpath '/full/path/to/domain.com/_public_html/images/';

$imgdir 'http://www.domain.com/images/'
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:09 AM
lctkw

10 posts · Feb 2009
Ok. I see you're suggesting editing a PHP file... Is it possible to make this a customisable option in a future version of the theme, though? Reasons as mentioned above - to streamline the process of installing a newer version of the theme (in a different directory), as well as for Wordpress MU non-admins.

Thanks!