Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Strange issue with Featured Content Gallery after switching hosts

Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:18 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
We moved the Gazette, http://larchmontgazette.com, from the hosting company we'd had for years to Hostgator. Immediate improvement in speed! Most of the move went smoothly, but a few odd glitches have cropped up.

For instance, Featured Content Gallery is supposed to appear only on the front page, but it's now appearing on the other news pages. Scroll to the bottom and click on 2. I didn't change anything about the code in the ATA Options/Style and Edit Center Column/Content Above the Loop:
Code:
<div align="center">
<?php if (is_home()) include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?></div>
So why would FCG now appear where it shouldn't?

I'd love it if some of you could post what you see in the source code of the front page, down near the bottom: tell me what speed you get?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
129 queries. 1.450 seconds.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change your test to ' (is_front_page() && !is_paged() )'
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:40 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks, JD! That did the trick. I wonder why the old way worked fine until the change to the new host?

There were no changes to our WP installation, just the move.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:42 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Oh, and about speed: with wp-super cache running, it's under 1 second in Safari, on the second visit. Wow.

There was obviously something really wrong with the way things were working at the old host.