Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Favicon background problems

Old Jun 4, 2009, 04:31 AM
mkrivera7

6 posts · Mar 2009
Hello.

I created a favicon with a transparent background, however it continues to come up with a black background on my webpage. Any ideas?

My webpage is www.raisingolives.com

Thanks for your help.

Kimberly
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You have two favicon's you are referencing. One is in:

http://raisingolives.com/wp-content/...favicon(2).ico

and has the transparancy, while the other is:

http://raisingolives.com/wp-content/...05/favicon.ico

and has the black background
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:19 PM
mkrivera7

6 posts · Mar 2009
Great. Thanks.

I'm confused as to why Atahualpa was pulling that one rather than the one I had specified. I deleted the one with the black background rechecked my settings within the theme and now there is no favicon image displayed. I realize that this may seem like a silly question for those of you who know all about web design, but that is why this theme is so tremendous even us rookies can use it!

So now why is the favicon that I have selected in the theme not displaying? It will flash up there briefly as the page is loading but then disappears.

Thanks for the support!

Kimberly
www.raisingolives.com

Last edited by mkrivera7; Jun 4, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well I confused too. I'm using a MAC and in Safari, the favicon is fine in the address bar, but there are no favicons in tabs (never noticed that)

However, in Firefox the favicon is resting on a black background in both the address bar and the tabs.

This is not an Atahualpa issue, nor Wordpress. There seems to be an art to creating a transparent favicon, just google 'favicon transparent' and you will see.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:23 PM
mkrivera7

6 posts · Mar 2009
I'm using firefox and I have no favicons showing anywhere. No favicons with a black background, no favicon at all. Isn't that an Atahualpa issue?

Ok, it's not. I just pulled it up in IE and I have a favicon without that pesky black background. So any idea why I don't have any favicon at all in firefox? Does it have to do with the temperamental nature of transparent backgrounds?

I really appreciate the support and LOVE Atahualpa!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmmm, this has to be a browser issue and I haven't a clue. At this point inXP, both IE8 and Firefox show th efavicon transparent. On the MAC, Safari showes it transparent, but Firefox has it on a black background. Go figure

ummm I just noticed in the generated source of the page you still have two favicons. Are you using a 'all in one seo pack' plugin by any chance?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:29 PM
mkrivera7

6 posts · Mar 2009
Yes, I am using the that SEO plugin. Is that bad?

By the way, in Firefox I currently have a favicon with a transparent background and also in IE I have the transparent background. So I have NO IDEA, but it seems to be working at least from what I can see.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
about the SEO plugin. Does it have an option to point to your favicon?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:27 AM
mkrivera7

6 posts · Mar 2009
No, not that I can see.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It has to be part f one of your plugins. If you want to isolate it here is what to do
1) use your browser to visit your site and view the SOURCE of the page (depending on the browser it might be undet the EDIT or VIEW tab)
2) do a find on '/all in one seo pack' and look at the next line, if it is
HTML Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://raisingolives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/favicon.ico"/>
go to step (3) - if it is gone, go to step (5)
3) deactivate 3 plugins - (don't deactivate the ALL IN ONE SEO plugin, that's our reference
4) go back to step 1

5) so it's one of the plugins you just deactivated, activate them one by one and check the page again till you identify which one it is, then go look at it's options and see where this reference to the favicon is coming from.