Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Persistent unbelievably slow loads and stall errors, esp while in admin - HELP!!!

Old Jun 1, 2012, 05:37 AM
Kiwi

32 posts · Jun 2012
Unhappy Persistent unbelievably slow loads and stall errors, esp while in admin - HELP!!!

Hi,

I've used Atahualpa for a few years now and it ran fine for quite a while.

I've had for some time really serious problems with the admin pages and sometimes the site itself loading v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y (like, over a minute - and no, I'm not on dialup!).

Sometimes it just stalls altogether, or after ages and ages will tell me I am looking for something that isn't there.

Often I open the pages or posts list and it says there's nothing there, no pages or posts. Then I hit reload and they are there again.

The site is also sporadically slow loading.

A common pattern is that the site *might* load OK, then when I try to enter wp-admin it just stalls altogether.

Sometimes I can get into wp-admin but it will take ages for me to get anywhere, e.g. to see my list of pages or posts.

I have removed any widgets I thought might be heavy duty.

I am using Wordpress 3.3.2 and Atahualpa 3.7.7.

I usually use Firefox 12.0 but am having the same problems in IE 9.0.8.

Having said that, tonight I managed to delete a couple of unused pages and some widgets and it ran fine on IE for a while, then started stalling on me again.

Firefox has been more consistently bad.

I have tried clearing the cache.

The site is http://RealEvaluation.com

Can anyone help me? I've been trying to work this out for months and have got nowhere!

TIA ...
Jane

Last edited by Kiwi; Jun 1, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 06:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
site loaded fine for me.
1) have you tried another computer?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have a caching plugin installed?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 03:46 PM
Kiwi

32 posts · Jun 2012
It's the same problem on my brand new desktop as it was on two previous laptops, and from different locations (web connections) ...

I don't have a caching plugin, I don't think! What's recommended?

And, can either of you think why the problems should be so much more serious in the admin pages? I'm just baffled by this.

Thanks so much for responding!
Jane
Old Jun 1, 2012, 03:56 PM
Kiwi

32 posts · Jun 2012
Just as an example,. right now I went to the site, it loaded fine, then I accessed wp-admin, it loaded straight away, I clicked the All Pages button and it took 20 seconds to load (I counted) and showed "No pages found". I hit reload and the list of pages appeared instantly.

I then went to one of the pages (book) and edited something out; it seemed to update fine. Then, to check it, I clicked Visit Site, which loaded fine, then the page I'd just edited, and that has been loading for a minute now and still hasn't made it. This is in Firefox. [I just tried IE and the page loaded fine, with the new edits - but of course, this isn't consistently so.]

Sooo frustrating!

Thanks again,
Jane

Last edited by Kiwi; Jun 1, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 04:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want to send me a PM with an admin ID/PW I'll take a quick peek