Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

wp_footer action

Old May 12, 2012, 04:40 AM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
Been having trouble with plugins - specifically Media Grid and Top Bar and am told that my theme is missing this footer action . I wanted to check if this is correct and if it is, how might I go about fixing it. Can I do it from 'within the theme'? I don't know any coding at all.

My site is at nicoleolds.com.

Thanks for any help - I did try searching and could not find this asked elsewhere.

Nicole
Old May 12, 2012, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
wp_footer is called in footer.php so who ever told you it isn't is misinformed.
Old May 12, 2012, 06:49 AM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
The person who gave me the info is the pretty helpful fellow who wrote the code for Media Grid and has been kind enough to go into my site to try and figure out why it won't work correctly. Given that he's pretty knowledgeable - is there anything that I can have done myself to screw up the footer thing?
Old May 12, 2012, 06:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your discription of the problem is kind of vague. seeing that Media Grid is a paid plugin and I don't have it, there is not much I can suggest.

Last edited by juggledad; May 12, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Top Bar looked like an interesting plugin but I had problems during install and couldn't get it to show in the footer even with the default Twenty Eleven theme.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:31 AM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks lmilesw - my problem with that one is - I did have it working! - then was trying to set up a new tables format - and then the bar disappeared. All very frustrating - especially since it looked so nice.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:37 AM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
breaking news - while typing the last reply I realized I should try deactivating Media Grid and lo and behold - my Top Bar is back! Of course I have no idea why one would interfere with the other but oh well . . .
Old May 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
sorry - only so vague as I'm pretty clueless as to what's going on - but appreciate your response anyway
Old May 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Sometimes the interaction between plugins can be "interesting".

BTW... After reading your post I bought the Media Grid plugin as it looked quite interesting. It took me a bit to understand the workings but looks promising for some situations.
Old May 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
As a test I installed FooBar from Code Canyon which I owned and that works fine with Media Grid and should do what you want.