Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Making a page invisible to public and only accessible though email link

Old Mar 7, 2009, 07:42 AM
animalcommunicator

10 posts · Jan 2009
Hi there!
Here's a interesting question for you. I want to make page on my blog that the general population can NOT see. BUT I want to use this page, to send the people who have subscribed to my newsletter. This is in order for them to then download something from this page.
Thank you ahead of time, and again I LOVE this theme! and have made a donation.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 08:15 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Create or edit the page in question, and on the top right there's a "Publish" box with a line that says "Visibility: ...... [Edit]". Click the Edit link, choose "Password protected", put a password there and, before clicking "Update Page" or "Publish page" (depends on whether page existed or is new), look at the top of the browser window at the URL field for the URL ending on "?action=edit&post=XX". Note the XX number at the end, it is the Page ID which you'll need later. See also the screenshot attached below

Then go to Atahualpa Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Exclude pages from Page Menu Bar? and put the XX ID of that page there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	password-page.jpg
Views:	1785
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	61  
Old Mar 7, 2009, 08:57 AM
animalcommunicator

10 posts · Jan 2009
Ok got it! but I am currently using wordpress 2.6 so instead of the password option which is not there I would then use the KEPP THIS PAGE PRIVATE Option? thanks for your help I will be update the wordpress but I just have not gotten around to it yet!
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:17 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you make a page private it will vanish from the page menu bar but only admins and editors can read it, subscribers (members with the lowest = "subscriber" privilege) cannot. You'd need a plugin for that such as http://www.im-web-gefunden.de/wordpr.../role-manager/
Old Mar 7, 2009, 09:37 AM
animalcommunicator

10 posts · Jan 2009
Alles klar!
Thanks you so much for all your help! you are the best!
Old May 25, 2010, 06:12 AM
Friland

17 posts · Aug 2009
brilliant.
does anyone know how i can change the text that shows up together with the pasword box?
I want to change this text:

Protected: Intranet

This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Password:

and the 'submit' button if possible.
the rest of the page is in danish, so I would prefer I could keept it thath way all way through...