Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Lost featured images in ATA search results

Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
Grey9

2 posts · Apr 2012
Link [SOLVED] Lost featured images in ATA search results

Hi gang, new here but have started using this amazing theme on several sites now. Thanks Flynn.
Not sure if this is a WP issue or ATA issue. Using ATA 373 & WP 331.

I have a new site, put up a number of images in different pages and posts. Inserted an index.html file in wpcontents/uploads/images folder to stop display of directory contents to prying eyes. Appears to work ok. All images display correctly in pages & posts, however, before I inserted index.html in the images folder the search bar thing in the right sidebar always displayed the results page with the featured thumbnail and some text. Text is still in results but now the thumbnails have all disappeared. It still shows the name of the image but you can't see it. Hope this makes sense.

Not sure if problem is WP related or something to do with Search Bar in ATA, or whether I should use some other method to stop folder display.

I would just like to display thumbs and text in ATA search bar results page again.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you view the page you are seeing the image
HTML Code:
http://australianbowlsdirectory.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/lordhoweisland-300x86.jpg
but on a search you try to show the image
HTML Code:
http://australianbowlsdirectory.com.au/wp-content/uploads/images/2012/03/lordhoweisland.jpg
which is returning a 'Not Found'
make sure that image is in the folder
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:13 AM
Grey9

2 posts · Apr 2012
Thanks JD, must have looked at this for hours and did not pick up on different image directories. I was using WP default uploads/date format and changed that to just uploads/images. I went into cpanel and uploads/images/2012/3 just does not even exist. Do not know how/why old image could point to something that does not exist. Weird. Must have been something to do with the change in upload paths.

Resolved it, went into page, removed featured image setting, deleted image, re-uploaded it, re-set as featured, inserted it. Presto. Works like a charm. Now will just have to fix up other pages, luckily not many.

Thanks for the extra pair of eyes, greatly appreciated. Cheers.