Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Please help a newbie

Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:11 AM
gordonwats

1 posts · Jan 2010
First of all please let me apologise for the content of this post, but i am a complete newbie at all this.
If i have posted this in the wrong place i also apologise.
Please put me right.

Quick background :-
I am trying to create a site that will have at first - reviews of holidays/hotels.
Eventulely this wil be expanded into reviews on just about anything, software, services, internet sites, shops, and anything else that needs it. (hence my site address - www.multireviews.co.uk) please feel free to visit, although it doesnt do much at the moment.

I was told that wordpress would be my best option and after some research i thought that wordpress mu would be best for me. I can set up a different blog with a different theme for each subject.

I found the Atahualpa theme and used this as it was very customisable.

I found buddypress and installed it but it seems that the Apahualpa them is not compatible. but as i liked the theme i deleted buddypress (if anyone thinks different please let me know).

I made a few small changes to Apahualpa (just learning to walk first) and thing seem to be going reasonably well.

My problem at the moment is login. I dont want to use the standard wordpress login but would like to have the same type of login that is used on this very site, its small tidy and integrated with the header.

I am also eventually looking to replace all wordpress pages (login/out-profile-register-new post) with something that resembles my site theme, I have nothing against wordpress pages, I just want my site to look a little more proffesional.

If anyone has any ideas that might help me i would be very grateful. this goes for any ideas (buddypress-themes that are easy customised-themeing the pages) or anything at all, i need all the help i can get to help me learn quicker.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by gordonwats; Jan 17, 2010 at 04:25 AM.