Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Placing a banner ad in above the Logo

Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:23 AM
tnc

8 posts · Mar 2009
Placing a banner ad in above the Logo

In the previous version I was able to add an ad above the logo by placing text after the
Code:
// END of title/description
$logo_area .='
    <td rowspan="2" valign="middle" class="header-banner"> BANNER LINK INFO  </td>
';
This page in functions > bfa_header_config.php seems to have changed. I don't know how to put the ad back in.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.
www.dimestorebudget.com
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can now put HTML and PHP right into Style & edit HEADER AREA -> Configure Header Area
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:58 PM
tnc

8 posts · Mar 2009
I am still feeling rather stupid. I don't know what section to paste the banner ad into. Can you tell me which one it goes into?

thank you.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 09:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
put the HTML IN the 'Configure Header Area' for example
HTML Code:
%bar2 %image <td rowspan="2" valign="middle" class="header-banner"> BANNER LINK INFO  </td> %pages
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:14 AM
Sally

201 posts · Jul 2010
Kentucky
I would like to put this line (each word will be linked) above my Pages Menu:
Advertising | About | Report A News Tip | Facebook | Subscribe

I tried doing it with the td html above (I'm not good with the table html yet) but it didn't work:
<td rowspan="2" valign="middle" class="header-banner">Advertising | About | Report A News Tip | Facebook | Subscribe</td>

Here's my site: www.kyfreepress.com.

Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work?

Thank you!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How about something like the following in the Style Header area above %pages?
HTML Code:
<a href="link to page">Advertising</a> | <a href="link to page">About</a> | <a href="link to page">Report A News Tip</a> | <a href="link to page">Facebook</a> | <a href="link to page">Subscribe</a>
Or you could use %cat and style as you wish.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 09:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See WP Site Admin -> Presentation -> Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit HEADER AREA -> Configure Header Area

You can put HTML and PHP right into that text area. That text area with the blue border will auto-expand once you paste more than 1 line fo code there, or if you press [Enter]. You don't need to edit functions/bfa_header_config.php anymore.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:16 PM
ccsfdave

13 posts · Aug 2009
San Francisco
Greetings,

I am progressing well on our porting project...

I need to add a banner at the top and followed the directions here, works but an issue I have is that the background color when I add some space is white, my sides are grey. How can I add color above the header?

I tried:
Code:
 <body bgcolor="#ebebeb"><br><br>
 %logo %pages %bar1 %image
and I tried applying the background color to a table like http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...12&postcount=6 suggests...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by ccsfdave; Aug 31, 2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:53 AM
ccsfdave

13 posts · Aug 2009
San Francisco
Well, I added a bar2 above my logo which created the space I need but when I put an image above that bar, I still get white space of about 2 pixels between the image and the bar2. I tried putting negative margin and border but still no luck...anything thoughts on this?

Dave