Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Change drop down page menu links

Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:27 AM
fixitnowlt11

5 posts · Sep 2012
[SOLVED] Change drop down page menu links

Hi, great theme and forum. Thanks!

Atahualpa theme- 3.7.7
WP- 3.4.1
Site: www.vehiclesdefined.com

I would like the drop down page menu titles/links to be the same as the titles in the custom menu labeled "Learn About". As it stands the link titles in the drop down menu are identical to the page title. How can I keep the page title that I currently have and change the drop down menu link?

Any suggestions should consider the same for the two second level pages of "cooling systems" and "body parts"

EX:
Page- http://www.vehiclesdefined.com/home/engines/
Page Title- Engines | Learn How Engines Work. Engine Description & Operation.
Drop down link: Engines | Learn How Engines Work. Engine Description & Operation.
Custom "Learn About" menu link: Engines

The drop down link needs to match Custom "Learn About" menu link. Is this possible? Sorry for overstating the situation. Thanks ahead.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:32 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you build your menu with the WordPress menu system you can change the menu labels to anything you want.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
fixitnowlt11

5 posts · Sep 2012
If I use the WP menu system, can I retain the same look, feel, and function of the Atahualpa menu?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:39 PM
fixitnowlt11

5 posts · Sep 2012
I've done some more research on this forum and I found this page with what looks like a similar concern: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...p?t=103&page=2

What I gather is I need to do something like this in the bfa_header_config.php file:

$page_menu_bar .='
<li><a href="link">Link Text</a></li>
<li class="rMenu-expand"><a href="link">Link with sub menu</a>
<ul class="rMenu-ver">
<li><a href="link">Sub menu item 1</a></li>
<li><a href="link">Sub menu item 2</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
';

The issue I have is I think this may be for a different version of Atahualpa. This conclusion is backed by the fact my bfa_header_config.php file does not match the one on the page referenced above. Where should this be executed if this is correct, meaning what lines? If this is not correct, I hope that someone may point me a step closer.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you talking about the horizontal menu in the header or the vertical menu in the sidebar?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:58 PM
fixitnowlt11

5 posts · Sep 2012
Nevermind all that mess I said. I kept digging and found the explanation of your mention lmilesw. Thanks for putting me on the path.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:19 PM
fixitnowlt11

5 posts · Sep 2012
Nevermind all that mess I said. I kept digging and found the explanation of your mention lmilesw. Thanks for putting me on the path.

@Juggledad- FWIW I was referring to the Horizontal menu bar in the header. I just got finished making it what I want it to look like.

Thanks to all, even the posters in other threads.