Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Can't import a settings file for 3.6.4. (file from another site running 3.6.4)

Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:11 AM
Foodie With Family

11 posts · Mar 2011
I think my title pretty well says it. I had all my info at .com/blog on my site and am moving it to .com. I created an export file for the settings on the .com/blog site running 3.6.4. I cannot upload it to the .com which is also running 3.6.4. I get the "Sorry but doesn't appear to be a valid Atahualpa settings file " error. It also says something about a file name being empty on line 8?

Good grief! I am completely lost on this. Can anyone help me?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
Hang tight, I believe the moderators on this forum have helped others with this (or one very similar) issue. I'm sure they'll chime in and be able to lend a hand.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please attach a copy of the settings file to a reply (use the paper clip icon)
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:30 PM
Foodie With Family

11 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks so much for looking into this Juggledad. This is past my abilities, but I want to learn!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwfoodiewithfamilycom-20110319.txt (18.9 KB, 9856 views)
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmmm, works for me, large header area, two right sidebars, AD in the footer.

If you are moving the site and did a database export/import to the new site, you don't have to do an export/import of the settings since they are stored in the database.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:41 AM
Foodie With Family

11 posts · Mar 2011
I did export from the /blog and import into the root folder but boy howdy, it's become complicated. First of all, I had to reset all the atahualpa settings manually (good thing I keep good notes). Additionally, all my attempts to redirect so that my SEO rankings and links are preserved seem to be going south. But I suppose that's a thread for another forum, eh?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well you have confused me.
If you want to move your wordpress install from a sub-folder to the root there are two parts to the move.
1) moving all the WordPress CODE
2) changing the url in the WordPress DATABASE (assuming you are going to keep using the same database)

since Atahualpa is a theme and all themes are in the wp-content/themes folder in side the 'wordpress' folder, you need to move the contents of the 'wordpress' folder to the root folder...or change the domain name pointer to point at the folder wordpress is installed in.

The next thing is to use phpMyAdmin to edit the database and the wp-options table to change the two rows with the 'option_name' of 'siteurl' and 'home' so they just have the domain name. For example, if your wordpress was accessed by 'http://mydomain.com/blog', that is what you would see and you would change those two rows to 'http://mydomain.com'

Of course this would only be done AFTER you did a complete database backup.

This is all it would take. You might have to change a couple Atahualpa options if you had used any fully qualified path names, but that should do it.