Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Problem with Next Gen Gallery?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Problem with Next Gen Gallery?

I had NextGen Gallery installed before I changed to the Atahulalpha theme when I de-activated Next Gen, then deleted it.

I found a plug in that allows users to upload images (NextGEN Public Uploader) so I installed that and then tried to re-install Next Gen gallery but it won't let me.

I tried through the wordpress interface (plugin install) then I tried just putting the files in the right place with Filezilla - the NextGen gallery shows up as in the plugin folder on Filezilla but not in the list of plugins on wordpress.

And...all the images that I had stored in the next gen gallery folders don't show up - the folders and images exist still but they dont show up

the error message I get when I try to install Next Gen is:

Destination folder already exists. /public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

Plugin install failed.

If I delete everything manually and then try to use the plugin install I get a different error.

I don't understand why it is there on Filezilla but I can't see it on the wordpress backend.

Any ideas much appreciated!
Lisa