Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Internet Explorer & Atahualpa

Old Jul 9, 2010, 06:04 PM
mattsimpson

15 posts · Jul 2010
Is there a fundamental incompatibility between Atahualpa and Internet Explorer?

For example - http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8039 shows that Atahualpa blocks IE from displaying the horizontal scroll bar. We know that IE isn't all that great. Should we tell all our users that they should stop using IE now? Or, is there something that could be done so that Atahualpa can work with IE?

Could it be that back level versions of Atahualpa don't work with IE, and that, if the theme were updated to the recent version, it would work fine?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
IE doesn't play well with CSS and especially if you copy posts from a Word document because Microsoft uses IE for more than a web browser. That said, you can pretty much fix anything that is wrong.

If you look at the post you refer to, I just gave you a fix. IE causes all of us more work because of it's interperatation of CSS and how far behind it is in implimenting the CSS standards.

Quote:
Should we tell all our users that they should stop using IE now?
if you can figure out a way to do this, you will be hailed as KING by most of the web developers in the world
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
mattsimpson

15 posts · Jul 2010
I don't copy and paste from Word. I author directly inside the Wordpress User Interface.

This fix doesn't work. I don't mind the extra work to publish as long as it's not too cumbersome and it works.

Perhaps we could program something in the theme that detects pages in which Internet Explorer breaks, and then, throw an alert to the users that says...

"WARNING - You are using Internet Explorer, which has not been able to keep up with recent standards for the web. As a result, this page might not render correctly. Using a different internet browser is recommended. Continue anyway using Internet Explorer? (Y / N)"