Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Need help adding anti-spam captcha to comment form

Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:51 AM
Michael4fm

38 posts · Nov 2011
Manchester, UK
Does anyone know a relatively simple way to add a 'captcha' token to the Montezuma comment form?

I've tried hacking it various ways - including putting a shortcode as the "show after" text, which displays as exactly the text I've written, including angle brackets - but nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

I'm using WP3.5, and latest version of Montezuma, and an example of where I need to add it is at http://captioned.s-t-u-f-f.net/archives/cm0052/. I need a 'token' after the comment form and before the 'submit' (or in my case 'Say it!') button.

... should any of that info help!

Last edited by Michael4fm; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:20 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Did you try any plugins?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:17 AM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Plugin - Fast Secure Contact Form by Mike Challis comes with captcha code and 'say it' option (never used the sound but pretty sure it works).

Excellent Form plugin use it all the time.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 18, 2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:18 AM
Michael4fm

38 posts · Nov 2011
Manchester, UK
lol .... er ... it's entirely possible that I was trying to view a comment form while I was logged in, yet had set the plugin to "hide captcha for registered users". Duh!

@ Jerryc - Yup, tried several, didn't work ... but the preceding comment may be pertinent.

@ Jam .... many thanks ... am now using SI CAPTCHA from the same stable as FAST CONTACT FORM (that looked quite a bit more than I wanted / needed, but also pointed to this other plugin which I hoped might do the trick). It's working great! :-)