Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add custom php/js menu below header

Old Jun 21, 2009, 09:04 PM
dmtompki

22 posts · Jun 2009
Middletown MD
Is there a way to add a dynamic menu (php,js) below the header so that it doesn't get overwritten with any updates? I've added to header.php, but I have a feeling its not the best solution.

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>
<?php require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?>

Thanks to all, especially Flynn for the great customizable theme!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:18 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That'll be possible in 3.3.4
Old Jun 22, 2009, 02:59 PM
dmtompki

22 posts · Jun 2009
Middletown MD
Thanks for the response. Donated to help the cause!!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 03:16 PM
dmtompki

22 posts · Jun 2009
Middletown MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
That'll be possible in 3.3.4
Too good to be true...I thought I was fine. All new pages are created with the php/js menu fine and display and work correctly. However when I select a "Continue reading"... I receive the errors:

cssmw_content is not defined
(?)()()8#more-8 (line 875)
[Break on this error] <script type="text/javascript">if(window...tation: 1}); }, true); }</script> </td>

Detail of line 875
<script type="text/javascript">if(window.attachEvent) { window.attachEvent("onload", function() { cssmw_content.intializeMenu('cssmw_content',{selec t_current: 0, orientation: 1}); }); } else if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function() { cssmw_content.intializeMenu('cssmw_content',{selec t_current: 0, orientation: 1}); }, true); }</script> </td>

Any help is much appreciated.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Looks like you didn't include a file of the script (i.e. by referencing it in the header with
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yoursite.com/path/to/menu.js"></script>
in the header), or that file, i.e. menu.js is not (on your web hosting account) where it is supposed to be.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:18 PM
dmtompki

22 posts · Jun 2009
Middletown MD
Well that was worth a donation......it's working fine now! I honestly did not change the menu/location or entry in header.php. I was working with the styles waiting for a response and about to upload the url.

Works for me....sorry to waste your time.

When posting a time sensitive request, is it more efficient to post in the private donor forums. Or just as well to post in the main area so others can view them?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:03 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Post in the regular forum. I read all new posts and answer all donor posts if they aren't already answered. Non-donor posts I only answer if it is easy or appears to be a theme bug.