Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

need help with two problems of my header configuration

Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:51 PM
maggiehu

1 posts · Nov 2010
Hi I am new to Wordpress and Atahualpa. I am trying to set up a website here (http://www.varvoo.com/ji/), but it appears two problems:
1. The header image showed up on my actual webpage is always shorter than the original size which I put up there. Say, the original width of my header images were like 800 pix, but now they are all cut off and are much shorter. I set up my header area as 100% fluid. According to the explanation on the Alahualpa set up area, the max width of my header image should be the max of the screen. Can someone help me with this? I don't want the big white gap between my logo and my header images...

2. This problem doesn't show when I view the webpage using a laptop which is smaller than 15", but when I switch to a 21.5-inch iMac, the grey lines under the logo and the header images (as the background of the page menu) get inconsistent at both left side and the right side. I tried to adjust the settings for the header from fix to fluid, and I tried to change the Max and Minimum of the width. Both didn't work. Can someone help me with this as well?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 02:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You are using the default style which shows some of the configuration possibilities of Atahualpa. In the styling section of the FAQ forum there is an entry about implementing another theme style. There are four included with the theme.

Before you import another style export your current style as a backup.

You could also go through the various sections of the theme options and make the changes necessary for your header image but importing a new style is easier for someone who is new to this theme.