Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

New automated Paypal Donation & Award system active

Old Feb 20, 2009, 09:20 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I have installed a new automated Paypal Donation / Awards system

This allows me to highlight donors based on their total donations. Both the button in the header and the link "Donate" in the horizontal menu bar should go to the new system

All donations that you made in the past months through Paypal should have been added to this new system now. Please click "Donate" -> "My donation stats" to see all your donations. If your donation is missing please PM me. I have several donations that I could not match to any forum user name.

(Note to myself: 1 bank wire not added yet because bank is offline)
  • If you got a "reminder message" to donate, that was sent by the system, I didn't know about it, still adjusting the system
  • Every donation you make through this system should be automatically associated with your user name, and your donation level gets upgraded as you add donations
  • This enables me to focus my time on donors and provide additional benefits for donors, and grant access to subforums with additional info, downloads, tutorials, based on your donation level.
  • I will add 1-2 other payment systems. Please post here if you have a specific one in mind.
  • I can add donations that you've sent by other means than Paypal

Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:09 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I just received the first donation through this system and it seems to work well.

Both you and me get a confirmation, and your donation status on the forum gets updated automatically.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 09:22 AM
Nefeli

18 posts · Feb 2009
After checking out this place realized that I will be using the forum a lot so wanted to go ahead and donate before asking anything!

On clicking the donate button or through drop down donate menu you are taken to a paypal page but it is in German, and I'm afraid my knowledge of this language is zilch!

Pls advise other way to pay. The credit cards didn't link to any shopping cart either.

I'm going to ask some questions until I can get my donation made.

Many thanks
Old Feb 25, 2009, 07:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
EDIT: FIXED NOW, Paypal payment page should be in English now

Thanks, you're right

Looks like Paypal is showing a German payment page again since I added this new Donation software, since my account is based in Germany (albeit signed up in US Paypal in 2001). With the manually added button I had before I was able to send "show in english". This software doesn't seem to have this so it's reverting to where my account is based (even though my account settings in Paypal are English).

I am looking to send a "Buyer's country = USA" to get an English payment page by default but this may take a while.

Until I've fixed this, please don't hesitate to donate with the German page as well, or try this: Log into your Paypal account to get the Paypal cookie, then reload forum.bytesforall.com again and click the Donate button again, you might get an English page.

If not, the German payment site is saying the same thing as the English page, really. The business name is right as well even though it does not include Bytesforall or Flynn

This is what the German page says:

PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay

PayPal securely processes payments for ....... You can finish paying in a few clicks.
Your benefits with PayPal

- Easy: Pay with just a few clicks.
- Fast: The seller receives the money within seconds.
- Secure: Your account information is not shared with others.

Login LOG IN TO PAYPAL
Email:
Password:

Forgot email or password?

With PayPal you can pay easy, fast, and secure.
For more information, see our Privacy Policy, User Agreement and Service Description
Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:52 PM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
Sorry, the donation bar is missing awhile after reply or edit.

Last edited by araneum; Feb 25, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:15 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by araneum
Sorry, the donation bar is missing awhile after reply or edit.
The Paypal donation button is missing after you replied or edited?

Or the donation award, the gold bar in your profile? I guess the latter... Let me know if anything is wrong with the Paypal button
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:16 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Paypal DONATE button should be fixed now.

Should go to US/English Paypal Payment page now
Old Mar 2, 2009, 12:00 AM
vikram

9 posts · Mar 2009
India
Flynn, let me add to the voices of appreciation for designing such a great, user friendly theme experience. I will donate to support your efforts as soon as I can.

Regards,

Vikram
Old Mar 10, 2009, 03:32 AM
ray-zin

14 posts · Mar 2009
HI I am new here and I have tried to donate but the amounts are blank and it wont let me procede without an amount
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:51 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray-zin
HI I am new here and I have tried to donate but the amounts are blank and it wont let me procede without an amount
Thank you for letting me know. I am working on it. Yesterday the server was overloaded and looks like after I rebooted the Paypal amounts are gone.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:10 AM
ray-zin

14 posts · Mar 2009
No probs. PM me when fixed and I'll go donate.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:05 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Working again now. It was not related to my reboot but to the server of the software author. PM sent to ray-zin
Old Mar 11, 2009, 04:47 PM
ray-zin

14 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks and donated. Keep up the good work
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:22 AM
Melman

1 posts · Mar 2011
Hi there!
I have donate 20$ before become a member. How could i have access to the donors section?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Send me a PM with a complete copy of the PayPal transaction and I see what I can do.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:49 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Hi Flynn, just wondering if you can let us know how the funds are distributed?
You have done (and continue to do) such a fantastic job with this theme, we all appreciate the help from you, Larry and Juggledad, but I would hope that part of the donations to Larry and Juggledad also go to you as the themes author? I dont want to open up any can of worms, but if the donations are separate from each other I'd want to donate to both you and whoever helps me directly.
or if that's none of my/our business, that's ok, I'll just split donations.

Thanks again to all of you, great work.