Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Another rotating header question (hard)

Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
realsol

21 posts · Jan 2013
Another rotating header question (hard)

I have a site that I am converting to Atahualpa 3.7.1.0. It has over 270 pages. I want to have a rotating header only in the area's of the site where new customer are reviewing features of the software (which includes over 50 pages). But the rest of the site I want to have users see only a certain image.

Is this possible without having to put in CSS rules for each of the pages?

Also, most of these pages are within one parent. I created a WP Conditional Tag called 'is_tree()' so I can display certain widgets it a user was looking at that page within that tree (using the widget logic plugin) and added this to the 'functions.pnp' file.

While CSS might be out of the question because of the size of the site, is it possible to edit the code somewhere using this new Conditional Tag or something else.

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would look at using a widget in teh header in place of the themes header rotator. You could put two copies in with widget logic deciding which to display - one would having the rotation,hte other wouldn't.

cimy header image rotator is one you could try
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:51 PM
realsol

21 posts · Jan 2013
Thanks for the quick responce. I am not familiar with 'Cimy'. I have used nextGEN on other sites but not in the header. I might be able to use nextGEN other places within my site. Have you ever used nextGEN as a header? Or should I just try to play with Cimy?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:55 PM
realsol

21 posts · Jan 2013
Never mind. I think I am just going to go with your suggestion. Thanks.