Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Powered by and search at top of page....

Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
webster

48 posts · Apr 2011
I have looked everywhere in forums, and cannot find reference to

"Powered by WordPress & Atahualpa [ ]Search"
at the top, over the header, of a new installed blog

I imported a wordpress.com blog to this new install, and wonder if that is where it came from, or is it a new feature?

I have a search on my widget and dont need it, and wonder if there is a way to remove it?

Is it something I can edit out of a php, some artifact of the new version, or is it part of my import?

Sorry if my searching is ineffective, I can't find this topic.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa?
What is the url showing the issue?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:54 AM
webster

48 posts · Apr 2011
sent to you
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what do you have in the footer? looks like an orphan <tr>
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
webster

48 posts · Apr 2011
I have widgets added to footer, if you think its an artifact of the pre-build (before import) then I will study there. Thx juggledad, looking at the code now.

That might explain the powered by, but why the search? Which doesn't show, or doesn't function (no input box) in some browsers, but powered by in all.

Let me look at it awhile, and see whats going on in the footer widgets, i'll PM you if I'm stumped
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:44 PM
webster

48 posts · Apr 2011
OK! I got it! thanks so much, it was as you said, a table problem in the footer, replaced with a div. Will donate later today. (and go looking again for instructions for the removal of powered by, now that its in the right place, I know how to proceed.)

Why the searchbox jumped in as well, is a mystery, but no time for such code mining at the moment.

Last edited by webster; Oct 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM.