Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

View all post from a category

Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:05 AM
la_scrapbookeuse

3 posts · Feb 2009
View all post from a category

Hi
I use Atahualpa 3.1.9 on my website: www.carterieartisanale.com
When I click on a category, it shows 10 post. The problem is: when I click on "previous post" it's showing all sort of post, not only post from that category... And the same thing happen when I click on a month from the archive or a tag. I only see the first 10 posts and after it brings me to the post from last week...
thanks

Last edited by la_scrapbookeuse; Feb 1, 2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:39 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Indeed, the next/previous links are pointing to

HTML Code:
/index.php?paged=2
instead of

HTML Code:
/?cat=XX&paged=2
or

HTML Code:
/index.php?cat=XX&paged=2
The cat=XX part is missing. Same for Archives, m=YYYYMM is missing.

What are your settings at
  • Site Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks (is it "Default"?)
  • Atahualpa Theme Options -> Next/Previous Navigation -> "Newer Page" link on MULTI post pages
  • Atahualpa Theme Options -> Next/Previous Navigation -> "Older Page" link on MULTI post pages
Old Feb 1, 2009, 07:48 AM
la_scrapbookeuse

3 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks so much for helping me...

Here are my settings:
Site Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks - Default

Atahualpa Theme Options -> Next/Previous Navigation -> "Newer Page" link on MULTI post pages - « Newer Entries

Atahualpa Theme Options -> Next/Previous Navigation -> "Older Page" link on MULTI post pages - Older Entries »
Old Feb 1, 2009, 08:17 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Did you use Atahualpa 2.x too on this web server, and did you download the 3.x theme from Wordpress.org?

If so, can you look if you have an archive.php in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/archive.php

If yes, please delete that and see if the error goes away.

If yes, I'd suggest that you delete the whole theme on the webserver and upload again. It seems that you have old files from Atahualpa 2.x in the same folder, Atahualpa 3 files mixed with Atahualpa 2 files.

See also http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=154

Actually, please either delete /themes/atahualpa/ on the web server and re-upload /atahualpa/ or change /atahualpa/ on your desktop computer to /atahualpa3/ and upload it as such, regardless of whether deleting archive.php helps or not.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:09 AM
la_scrapbookeuse

3 posts · Feb 2009
I deleted everything, and upload the 3.1.8 from here:
http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/

And I still have the same problem...
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:20 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Could you please find in index.php, around line 275-279

PHP Code:
<?php            
// END of: If there are any posts 
// If there are no posts: 
else : 
?>
and add this right before it:

PHP Code:
<div class="navigation-bottom">
   <div class="older"><?php next_posts_link('&laquo; Older Entries'?></div>
   <div class="newer"><?php previous_posts_link('Newer Entries &raquo;'?></div>
   <div style="clear:both"></div>
</div>
so that you get

PHP Code:
<div class="navigation-bottom">
    <div class="older"><?php next_posts_link('&laquo; Older Entries'?></div>
    <div class="newer"><?php previous_posts_link('Newer Entries &raquo;'?></div>
    <div style="clear:both"></div>
 </div>
<?php            
// END of: If there are any posts 
// If there are no posts: 
else : 
?>
... so I can see whether the basic next/previous links would work. This should display a second set of next/previous links at the bottom and if those work then the theme might be doing something wrong with the custom next/previous links.