Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

multilingual wordpress with Atahualpa 3

Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:36 AM
andyboyns

4 posts · Jul 2009
Hi

I'm reworking my website and decided the way to go is to base it on WP and this theme (looks great!)

However, I'm a little confused as to how to manage just one requirement I have, and was a little disappointed with one aspect of qTranslate plugin which seems to otherwise resolve my problem, and would welcome any suggestions.

The main language of my site is to be English, with a secondary Turkish version. So far, so good.

Although I plan to create pages which will be in both languages, my blog will for the most part only be in English. This is where things fall apart, as if there is no translation in qTranslate, the Turkish page will show a blank.

What I want is for all site navigation to be available in both languages, and if there is no Turkish version for a particular blog entry, I want the English (original) text to show. In this way, for example, a Turkish visitor who can read English will still be able to enjoy all of my site while constantly having the navigation etc available in Turkish.

If I post an English version as a translation, then I guess any comments made on the original post won't show in the Turkish version.

I hope I've explained my problem clearly and would value a recommendation as to how to achieve this.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:15 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I can only suggest to try another translation plugin, maybe there's one that does what you want to do
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:24 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Just copy in english text with turkish language tags. I looked around too alot and could find no other translation plugin on par with qtranslate.

Otherwise best install wordpress twice and use to completely seperate pages. Depending on how much content you have, it might be faster than learning how to use qtranslate and it's small bugs (or better hooks not respected by themes).
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:00 AM
andyboyns

4 posts · Jul 2009
I'm continuing this in the following post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...1028#post11028