Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] specific css for a widget doesn't seem to work

Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:21 PM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
[SOLVED] specific css for a widget doesn't seem to work

Hi,

back again! I need your help, I've been trying to fix this for a few days but no luck.

I only have this problem in Chrome, running ATA 364 and WP 313.

I have a new widget area in the header and it covers the main content in a way that links don't work (but I can still see the text). As I said it's only a problem in Chrome.

So say here: http://50.22.130.188/~westauck/?page_id=71 the info email isn't clickable.

The widget contains the images and doesn't need to be any longer than say 50px. While I managed to change the height of the widget itself, no luck with the .textwidget which seems to be causing the problem.

I tried all sorts of variations of the following but didn't work:

html body.home div#wrapper div#container table#layout tbody tr td#header div#page_header.bfa_widget_area div#text-17.widget div.textwidget

Interestingly just the last part (div#text-17.widget div.textwidget) did work on other widgets so I'm really lost here.

Any help would be appreciated!
Many thanks,
Ildi
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You have a z-index of 100 for that image. Set it to 1 instead and see what happens.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:13 PM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
Thanks for looking into it Larry, but it didn't change anything.

It needs to have a z-index so that the photos are on the top of both the header and the main content. I still think the issue is that I don't seem to be able to style just this one widget and I don't see why. Otherwise it's just pulling the size of the content (ie. the image which has a height of 240px). So I can change the height of all the .textwidget and that solves the problem but obviously it will ruin all the other widgets which need to have height: auto.

Hm. I just don't see why styling doesn't work for this one widget?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
To style just this widget use #text-17 .textwidget as the selector.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:27 PM
IldiW

39 posts · Oct 2010
NZ
That's what I thought and something along these lines has always worked before, but not here.

I have this in the CSS:
#text-17 .textwidget {height: 50px !important;}

(previously also tried: div#text-17.widget div.textwidget with no effect)

and it's just completely ignored (on firebug I can see how the css pulled is just the generic .textwidget style).

Is there something wrong with my code that I'm missing here?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You have an image that is pushing the widget to the size it is. If you want to make the image smaller use #text-17 .textwidget img as the selector. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.