Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] How to restyle the comments.

Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
lauretta

3 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] How to restyle the comments.

Hello all,
I'm playing around with Atahualpa 3.5.3 theme, which I love, but I'm having issues with restyling the comments.

Any change I make in the ATO --> Style & Configure Comment doesn't work. I've increased the Comment Author Name Size, colors, switched yes to no but nothing has happened. It's not possible to decrease the size of Gravatar either.

I want to change the background color of my comments, from fff to ddd, not having any border, but it seems impossible. I know how to play with CSS but it seems I can't do anything from that page.

I want to have more space between my last comment and the comment form in the post page. Will I need to add some code in the CSS Insert area? If yes, what's the comment form area name?

Is it a bug or something?

Everything else works fine.

I'm not sure you can help me with this as well... I want my comments to be numbered as they appear in this page:

http://stopdesign.com/archive/2004/1....html#comments

I've digged in the WordPress forum, found a lof ot useful information, tried everything but it seems I can't make it work. Do you have any idea how to do it? Will I need to change the comments.php file, the legacy.comments.php, the comments-paged.php, any of them, all of them, something different perhaps?

Apologies if my post sounds annoying I'm just frustrated.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited by lauretta; Nov 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Adding stuff.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 02:35 PM
lauretta

3 posts · Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauretta
Hello all,
I'm playing around with Atahualpa 3.5.3 theme, which I love, but I'm having issues with restyling the comments.

Any change I make in the ATO --> Style & Configure Comment doesn't work. I've increased the Comment Author Name Size, colors, switched yes to no but nothing has happened. It's not possible to decrease the size of Gravatar either.

I want to change the background color of my comments, from fff to ddd, not having any border, but it seems impossible. I know how to play with CSS but it seems I can't do anything from that page.

I want to have more space between my last comment and the comment form in the post page. Will I need to add some code in the CSS Insert area? If yes, what's the comment form area name?

Is it a bug or something?

Everything else works fine.
OK, found the problem to this. I deactivated a plugin and now I can make any change I want!

Still working on my second issue. Let's see if I can solve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauretta

I'm not sure you can help me with this as well... I want my comments to be numbered as they appear in this page:

http://stopdesign.com/archive/2004/1....html#comments

I've digged in the WordPress forum, found a lof ot useful information, tried everything but it seems I can't make it work. Do you have any idea how to do it? Will I need to change the comments.php file, the legacy.comments.php, the comments-paged.php, any of them, all of them, something different perhaps?

Apologies if my post sounds annoying I'm just frustrated.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 04:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ent-numbering/
Old Nov 17, 2010, 06:09 AM
lauretta

3 posts · Nov 2010
Yay!!! It works :D
I activated the plug in and modified the comment.php file as per your instruction here (different lines though):

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...57&postcount=7

Thanks a million for your help!