Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Menu Bar Problem

Old Mar 24, 2010, 04:34 PM
charliesjones

3 posts · Mar 2010
London
Hi Flynn,

Thanks for such a great forum. Have used it loads to play with the CSS/HTML.

Wanted to overlay page menu bar on header for a while and found the code to do so on the forum. Great. BUT... (I'm sorry, I'm not super technical) the drop down is now not working as it used to.

The drop down used to appear without an issue. All sub categories would be shown under CVV, Events and Gallery. But now it won't show everything and the placement is odd.

If you or anyone could take a look at tell me where on earth I'm going wrong. I presume I need to change some of the CSS/HTML insert I've used.

http://tinyurl.com/yhgz7el

Also, if anyone could tell me where to find the div wrapper code that'd be fab as I have a rogue > by my leaderboard, code for which is > (or so I believe) and I need to get rid of it as is driving me mad!

Thanks so much - will be donating my first months profits once the ad network actually pay me!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
you made some changes - what were they?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:34 AM
charliesjones

3 posts · Mar 2010
London
Wordpress 2.8.6
Atahualpa 3.4.4

I know I should update, but the last time I updated my wordpress it was a nightmare and the site started over-writing itself.

Basically, I put the page menu bar over the top of the header (on the left). But the drop downs don't show up properly. The Gallery drop down only shows some of the galleries and the CVV (which is my 'home or categories') only shows one and then you sort of have to scroll through but it isn't clear and users will clearly not understand. I just want the drop down to appear with everything it should. Does that make sense? Sorry if I'm not explaining very well.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the extra '>' is because you have add a <script>...</script> at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Tag

and yes your menu css is messing up the menu. You may want to look at the generated code and build your own menu in a <div> so you can adjust it. You can replace the %pages with your own html

BTW - in my opinion, you have way too much stuff on the page, it takes 11+ seconds to load and I wouldn't go back. Just one person's opinion
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:07 AM
charliesjones

3 posts · Mar 2010
London
Hi, thanks for all your help.

I agree about having too much stuff. I want to get a designer in to streamline and make it look a bit more swish. I've spent way too long looking at it to know where to head from here.

Thanks again.