Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Images not resizing within posts

Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:29 PM
kam

5 posts · Dec 2009
Does anyone know how to set Atahualpa to automatically resize an image down to fit inside a post window?

In the case of one site, we post scanned newspaper articles for the archives. I want the scanned pictures to show up in the post window scaled to fit (not stretched!) but open up to full size in a new window when you click on it.

Here is a test post that shows the problem I’m running in to:

http://www.greencauldron.org/?p=253

Thanks!

Kam.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is no automatic way. When you add an image with the MEDIA option in the post, select a smaller size than the full size.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:48 PM
Nightrowan

1 posts · Jan 2010
I think I understand what you want to do. I'm running Atahualpa 3.4 at the moment and what I did was go to the Theme Options -> Style IMAGES -> Images in Post and added

Width: 80%; (you could use 100%, it just looked wrong on my site)

To have the photo open at full size when clicked on just edit the photo, click on Advanced settings. There's a check box at the bottom with this option.

The only problem I've had with this option is that it affects my thumbnails on the index page as well. Still working on how to get them back down to 150px while keeping this style for the rest of the site.

Here's a page from my site that works as I imagine you want yours to, although only the first image has been edited to open in a new window/tab.j

***EDIT***

I found a better way. Assign a class to your image and then add a CSS insert:

img.classname {
width: 100%;
}

You still have to do the other bit about telling it to open the image in a new window/tab when clicked. This way it doesn't mess around with all your other photos, just the ones you want displayed at the full width of the column.

Last edited by Nightrowan; Jan 26, 2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Updated Information
Old May 14, 2010, 05:06 PM
kaspar.wimberley

24 posts · May 2010
Stuttgart
Don't forget to add:
Height: 100%
Otherwise the thumbnails will warp.

And more control if you do thumbnails and posts seperately.
Add CSS to the theme options thumbnail section: Width: 100%; Height: 100%
Add 100% in both height and width boxes on the advanced section when editing pictures in a post.
Then you can choose what stretches when.

Last edited by kaspar.wimberley; May 14, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old May 14, 2010, 06:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see this post http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=resize