Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Making separate pages to display posts by category; also, how to embed WP page

Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:19 PM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
These may or may not be very basic questions. I have been using my www.archicadtemplate.com WP site (using Atahualpa 3.4.4) to promote a product we developed called MasterTemplate. All the content focuses on that product. I create a post whenever there is some news about the product to share.

Now I plan to post more frequently on a variety of topics, and I'd like to add one or more separate pages to show posts for each category. I have set up Categories to separate the MasterTemplate posts from the other ones.

Two related questions:

1) What is the simplest way to set up separate pages on the WP site, one to show posts in the MasterTemplate category, and another to show ArchiCAD category posts, and perhaps additional ones on other topics?

2) I'd like to show the contents of the ArchiCAD page (the posts in that category) in an iFrame on another site, without showing the header, sidebars or other stuff from my WP site. Is it possible to embed just the central page content for a specific page into another site?

Any help on these questions will be gratefully appreciated!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:34 AM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
I realize I need to clarify question 1.

The automatic page links created by the Category Menu (e.g. http://www.archicadtemplate.com/?cat=3) are actually perfect for what I need - the pages generated by this query code show the posts for that specific category.

However, I don't want to have a separate Category Menu, I'd rather have each of these as subitems on my normal Pages menu. Is it possible to combine or integrate the Category Menu into the Pages Menu? Alternatively, is it possible to hard-code a query or URL into a Page, so that when that page is added by Atahualpa into the Page Menu it actually links to or generates that URL?