Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Titles only on Blog Posts Page

Old Jun 5, 2010, 06:02 PM
Marnie

3 posts · Jun 2010
Titles only on Blog Posts Page

Wordpress 2.92
Atahualpa 3.46
url: http://tinyurl.com/26sqgly

I'm using a static front page and would like the blog posts page to display post titles only. It's currently using excerpts. Reading through the forum I believe it involves the center column and the loop, but I don't know how to formulate the syntax.

TIA for any assistance.

Marnie
Old Jun 5, 2010, 07:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Set the number of words to show to 0 and alternatively remove the read more code.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:20 PM
Marnie

3 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks, I tried that earlier but didn't know how to remove the footer on that page. Figured that out, now to change the size and spacing for that page only...
Old Jun 6, 2010, 05:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
<body class="blog logged-in">

to keep parts of a post from showing on the blog page, weither is is the landing page or another page,
a - go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP
b - find the part you don't want, like
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
c - change the leading '<?php ' to '<?php if (!is_home()) {'
d - change the ending from '?>' to ' } ?>'

so that
HTML Code:
        <?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
becomes
HTML Code:
        <?php if (!is_home()) { bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); } ?>
so to get rid of the byline you change
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_home()) { bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); } ?>
Old Jun 6, 2010, 02:58 PM
Marnie

3 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks for the detailed response. I'm beginning to understand, rather than simply copy and pasting.

Sorry if this is stupid - to address the styling of the post titles on that specific page do I need to address <body class="blog logged-in">?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sorry, I copied my answer from another thread where they wanted to deal with logged in users. I've deleted it from my previous post