Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Yoast Breadcrumbs static on pages

Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:02 PM
Chloe

54 posts · Dec 2009
Yoast Breadcrumbs static on pages

Hi,

I've read the other posts on this topic but haven't found a solution. My Yoast breadcrumbs used to work but disappeared after I upgraded my theme. I'm running WP 3.4.2 and Atahualpa 3.7.9. I reinserted the following code in index.php:

<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) {

yoast_breadcrumb('<p id="breadcrumbs">','</p>');

} ?>

The breadcrumb is there but it's the same on every page. The content of the breadcrumb doesn't change when you click on different pages. You can see it here: http://www.womenscycling.ca/blog/oth...ith-your-bike/

Notice the breadcrumb doesn't match the post.

Your help is very much appreciated!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yoast breadcrumbs hasn't been updated in over two years. Their recommendation is to use the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin which has a breadcrumbs feature. I'm not sure that will work but I certainly wouldn't trust a two year old plugin to work.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:17 PM
Chloe

54 posts · Dec 2009
I'm using Wordpress SEO by Yoast--breadcrumbs is part of that now. Maybe I should reinstall the plugin. It was working. I'm not sure when it stopped working but it could have been after a recent update of the Wordpress SEO plugin.

Last edited by Chloe; Jan 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 03:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I see no breadcrumb - where is it suppose to be?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:24 PM
Chloe

54 posts · Dec 2009
Hi,

I've been fiddling with the code. It's back now. I still haven't been able to figure out why the breadcrumb is stuck with the same output.

I appreciate your help!