Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to: Delete Comments Tab; Move Search Bar; Move RSS icon to Menu Page bar

Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
I am trying to format my header and need some help with three things.

1. How do I delete the comments icon?

2. How can I move the search bar to being located in the side bar?

3. How can I move the RSS icon so it is located on the right hand-side of the page menu bar. Also, how can I change the RSS image?

Any help would be great :-)

Last edited by frugalmommytoday; Oct 14, 2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you look through the theme options there is a place where you set those not to show (I don't recall off hand). Then you can just use a search widget in the sidebar. Getting the RSS icon to show next to the page menu bar is more complex as positioning with CSS sometimes doesn't play well with some browsers because of the menu being in a separate table cell. You may have to get into adding widget areas and using a menu plugin. Or if you use the WP 3.0.1 menu system you could perhaps create a menu item for RSS but I haven't tested this.