Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to change font style for RSS & Comments in Header?

Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:39 PM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
How to change font style for RSS & Comments in Header?

Hello,

Where can I change the font style (color, weight, etc) for the RSS and Comments in the header?

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2011, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Body, Text & Links
if you want to style them separate form the page defaults, you need to add some CSS to the 'CSS Inserts' option
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:27 AM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Hello,

Let me apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge and experience with Atahualpa and WP. Nonetheless, as far as I can see there are no controls at Dashboard>Apperance>Body,Text & Link to change the link font style for just the CSS and Comments links in the header. It appears to me that those controls would change all link font styles for the entire site. I only want to change the link font styles for the RSS and Comments links in the header.

If you visit the link below you can see the problem I am having. The header color is the same as the CSS and Comments links. I am trying to match the style of the main website at www.mdcommunications.com thats why I need to keep the current header color.

Thanks,

Mike
Athahualpa 3.6.4, WP 3.1, http://blog.mdcommunications.com
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In this case, you need to create a CSS selector and CSS rules and put them in the 'CSS inserts' option.

If there was a theme option for every conceivable HTML element, then the theme would have thousands of settings. That is why there is the CSS inserts option, so you can add specific CSS and have it as an option.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Hello,

I can create a new CSS selector and rules, no problem. Could you tell where the HTML for the RSS and Comments is located? Which document do I edit?

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you don't edit any document unless you feel like editing the PH code that dynamically builds the HTML for the page.

The best thing is to view a page, then look at the source and find the HTLM for the section you want to deal with. Then you can create the css you need and put it in the CSS Inserts option of the theme.