Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Change comment font size

Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:12 PM
6clix

1 posts · Feb 2009
Hello. I can't seem to find options on how to change the font size on comments. So how can can the font size of comments be changed? And how can the font size of the date above the comment be changed? and one more thing, how do you change/edit the contents of the about page?

Thanks in advance and good job on the theme.

Last edited by 6clix; Feb 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 05:15 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6clix
Hello. I can't seem to find options on how to change the font size on comments. So how can can the font size of comments be changed? And how can the font size of the date above the comment be changed? and one more thing, how do you change/edit the contents of the about page?

Thanks in advance and good job on the theme.
Font in comments

HTML Code:
ul.commentlist {
font-size: X.Xem;
}
comment date (and Reply link in WP 2.7 if paged comments enabled)
HTML Code:
div.comment-meta {
}
About page: Like any other page, go to Site Admin -> Pages -> [Page Title] -> Edit
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:04 AM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
so if I understand this correctly you would make this change in the CSS/HTML inserts? To change font size of the comments?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:09 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
so if I understand this correctly you would make this change in the CSS/HTML inserts? To change font size of the comments?
Yes, add the above via HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:24 AM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn -

I know a stupid questions, but you put x.xem as an attribute, is this better or more complaint that say using px or xx%?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:32 AM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
okay. So i was able to affect font size and color. But what I'm trying to do is create a buffer or padding between the author date and the beginning of the actual comment. And trying to increase leading (line spacing) what I've done here but my attempts at margin and spacing don't affect anything:

Code:
ul.commentlist {
font-family: Verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #666666;
line-height: 16px;
top-margin: 1.1em;
font-size: .80em;
}
thoughts?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The date is inside div.comment-meta

HTML Code:
 div.comment-meta {
padding-bottom: 30px;
}
em allows the font to resize when a visitor wants to resize all fonts a a website through his browser. % is similar but less predictable as it is always relative to the font size in a parent container. pt is meant to be used for print. px is the easiest to use but not resizable
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:36 AM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
thanks for the clarification, Flynn. That makes sense. I'll use em from know on. Makes sense.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:48 AM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
what about linespacing within comments. I've tried

>> line-height: 16px;

but that doesn't seem to do anything?