Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Icon locations?

Old Dec 21, 2009, 07:44 AM
GeneStarwind09

11 posts · Oct 2009
Probably a stupid question, but I can't find out where the image paths are stored for the graphics (such as search.gif), and can't find any way to change the paths in the theme config. Basically, if you look at my site here, you will see that the search icon looks rather ugly and doesn't suit it. I've uploaded a new search.png to the same directory, and I want it to point to that image instead.

Likely a major n00b question. I wish I had more experience with this stuff.

Last edited by GeneStarwind09; Dec 21, 2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This thread contains the answer to your question which, by the way, took me a while to figure out and I have been working with ATA for awhile. The path is in searchform.php.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:59 AM
GeneStarwind09

11 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks a lot for that!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:17 AM
GeneStarwind09

11 posts · Oct 2009
It would seem my issue isn't fully resolved. Using the link you provided, I decided to change the graphic to a button instead. So, this code has been used as a replacement for the code that added the graphic.

Code:
<td class="searchbutton">
   <input type="submit" class="button" value="Search"/>
</td>
Problem is, I've been told by a friend that the text in the button appears to be aligned to the right, and that it appears to be higher than the centre point. Does anyone else get this problem when looking at the search button on my site and how would I go about fixing it? I have little HTML/CSS/PHP knowledge.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 12:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) I don't see a search icon. However all the icons are in the atahualpa/images folder
2) you really should upgrade to atahualpa 3.4.4
3) I don't see your search.png in the images folder - could be a permission issue
4) if you want to use it as search.png, you will have to edit searchfrom.php and change it there
Old Dec 21, 2009, 01:32 PM
GeneStarwind09

11 posts · Oct 2009
As I mentioned in my last post I decided to not use a graphic after all. I think the PNG was called searchnew.png but I decided to use a button (the code for this was provided in lmilesw's link) rather than a graphic, as the button looks pretty attractive.

The only problem now is what I've mentioned—the apparent misalignment of the text within the button. And oops, I didn't check for upgrades since I haven't been maintaining my site for the past month and a half. Will upgrade!

Edit: I'm a bit worried about upgrading. Apparently I won't lose anything. However, I have made some manual changes to a couple of the files that will be overwritten, and I'm not sure specifically what the changes I made are. I don't want to lose these changes so what do you suggest I do? Thanks.

Last edited by GeneStarwind09; Dec 21, 2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding a space after the word 'search' in the title of the widget

As for the manual changes you made, just go look at your detailed notes you made when you made the changes...what..WHAT..you didn't make any notes???

Seriously, I'd suggest you copy the existing theme folder, then get a new download of 3.2, then do a compare of the two. There are some programs that will do this (on the mac, textwrangler will do this) then you could look at the changes and decide where to go from there.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 04:24 PM
GeneStarwind09

11 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks for the help. Paid a small tip.

Last edited by GeneStarwind09; Dec 21, 2009 at 04:28 PM.