Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Use Google font in Page menu

Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:41 AM
KylaKreates

8 posts · Jun 2011
I am so totally new at this...and you will probably be able to tell that as I explain my problem! I am using the Google fonts plugin on my blog for the headings and paragraphs and things but I can't figure out how I can use it to style my horizontal Page menu. I think I've figured out that the problem is that the page menu is a <div> and the only options in the Google plugin is for <li> and <p> or something. Is it possible to style the menu with one of the fancy Google fonts and if so could you help "crawl" me through it?? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Btw, the blog is brand spankin' new so I'm using the newest version of Wordpress, Atahualpa, and Google fonts. My blog is at http://homeschoolingbytheyard.com.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If I recall the Google Fonts plugin has a spot to put custom CSS so you can assign the font to any element you want. But maybe the Google Fonts plugin you are using is not the one I am thinking about.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:31 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
In my test site HERE I use the following in ATO -> Menu 1 (Page Menu) -> Font Size & Face

20px "Carter One", Arial, Verdana, sans-serif

The Google Font is "Carter One" in quotes, as is, including spaces

This seems to work for me...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:44 PM
KylaKreates

8 posts · Jun 2011
Thanks so much! I'll try it!