Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Using text widget to position graphic at bottom of sidebar

Old Sep 2, 2011, 05:09 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
[SOLVED] Using text widget to position graphic at bottom of sidebar

I am using Atahualpa 3.6.7, WP 3.2.1 to configure a site for a design client. I am putting it together on a demo site before launching and I have almost everything in place. I need to find a way to position an image in the bottom of the right sidebar, above the footer. There will be no other widgets used with this sidebar -- just white sidebar with image sitting on top of the footer.

I built an HTML table for the graphic with a table height of 100%, cell vertical alignment: bottom and put this in a text widget. The graphic remains positioned at the top of the sidebar.

Here is the page: http://www.whitewingdesign.com/play/

How can I configure the right sidebar to always position this graphic at the bottom?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 06:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure this will work in all situations but may be something to try. Add the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#text-8 {
    position: absolute;
    top: 100%;
    border: none ;
}
Old Sep 3, 2011, 04:09 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
Thank you so much for the quick solution. It works!! When set to 100%, it put the graphic over part of the footer but an easy change to 85% placed the graphic in the text widget exactly where it needed to be at the bottom of the sidebar. Awesome! Thanks...