Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Padding for individual post

Old Apr 3, 2009, 05:58 AM
aliasfreq

5 posts · Apr 2009
Sydney
Apologies if this isn't a specific Atahualpa question, however I am running Atahualpa, this seems like a helpful forum, and this issue is driving me nuts right now...

Is it possible to add padding to a specific post/page? I'm using the 'Custom Post Background' plugin to add background images to some pages, and for those pages the text doesn't look good because it goes to the edge of the body. (Other posts/pages with no or plain background look fine.) Is it possible to add padding for just those pages?

I have the TinyMCE Advanced plugin activated if that's of any use. Oh, and here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://johnwatermann.net/interviews/

Thanks to anyone who can help with this!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:02 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
put some div tags in your posts and custom css in the HTML/CSS section of A -> Theme settings.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 07:46 PM
aliasfreq

5 posts · Apr 2009
Sydney
Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:42 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcorrigan
put some div tags in your posts and custom css in the HTML/CSS section of A -> Theme settings.
Hi, sorry for being an ignoramus. I have the same issue but could you be more specific? What might the div tag look like and likewise the css?

Many thanks!
Paul
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want to override the general post paddings you need to code a CSS selector and CSS rules to apply the padding you want. This you will put in the 'CSS Inserts' option of the theme.

You will have to find the unique ID/class assigned to the particular post to build your CSS Selector. The easiest way is to use teh FireBug extension in FireFox. You can also look at the source view of a page showing the post.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:27 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
Hi,

Thanks for that. Yes, I have the page code. I just don't know what format the div tag would take in order to do that.

I mean I'm assuming it's something like this for the padding:

div.post-bodycopy {
padding:nnpx !important;
}

Is that right?

But what do I add to make it apply to only the page in question?

Many thanks!
Paul
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
body.page-id-xx div.post-bodycopy etc
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:14 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
Yes, that shoves everything on the page over. What I'm trying to do is isolate the text from graphics that are situated on the left. Could you have a look? http://www.johnstewartwynne.com/books/

Right now I can control the padding around the graphic but as soon as it drops below the graphic it wraps. That's what I want to avoid.

Thanks again for your help!

Paul
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do you mean you want the image in a column by itself? If so, use a table
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:18 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
I created a table on a trial page here http://www.johnstewartwynne.com/books2/
and it works fine except that I can't get the color of the table to match the background. It's overridden by Atahualpa somewhere, I think but I can't figure out where or how to fix it. If you can solve that for me I'm home free because the table does solve the separation problem.
Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Look in the tables area of the theme options just clear out all the settings
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:46 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
Brilliant! That's sorted it. Many thanks!
Paul