Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

After latest update, can't see templates

Old Apr 3, 2009, 08:02 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I have upgraded to the very latest version, and now when I'm creating or editing, I do not see my custom templates in the drop-down list. They are in the correct folder, I believe. http://www.skilovers.com/ftpcap.jpg

Is there code elsewhere that I didn't update? I don't recall having to modify anything before to get these to show up.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
All your template files have other file permissions (read/write - read - read, 644) than the other PHP theme files (read/write/execute - Read/execute - read/execute, 755). http://www.december.com/unix/ref/chmod.html

Normally 644 should be sufficient, but that may depend on other settings on the web server as well. Perhaps the template files have another owner (i.e.because you uploaded them with another FTP account than the default theme files)

I'd either give the template files a 755 file permission as well, or if their owner is different, change their owner to the owner of the other files. This would be done through the SSH (which on a virtual account you won't have) "chown" command, or by uploading them through the same FTP account the other theme files were uploaded with.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:35 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I doubt that's it; they are all 644 for old Atahualpa too, and they work fine that way.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 03:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The top of index.php has changed significantly in 3.3

You'll probably need to re-create your templates, at least the upper part, to include line 1-72 from index.php, everything above <?php get_header(); ?>
Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:03 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Ah. Makes sense. I'll do that and let you know. Many thanks.

It's too nice outside for me to sit here cogitating any further! Later..