Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

how to show just the titles of posts in the archive page ?

Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:57 AM
drey

39 posts · May 2010
hello,

I would like to show just the titles of the posts on the archive page,
how could I do this ?

I've been reading about this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/azindex/
but i'm not sure it's appropriate for this case.

thx for reading, see you !
Old Aug 16, 2010, 04:49 AM
drey

39 posts · May 2010
hello,

I still have this problem and I didn't succeeded to fix it since then :

when you click on the archive page link,
you get a list of the archives by date + a list of the categories.

when you click on one category, you get a new page with a list of excerpts, so it works with the category a i wish to.

but I fail to configure the archives by date :

if you click on one month in order to view the content of the list you get a new page with the same content as on the homepage, that means several pictures + text till the "read more" for each post of the selected month

where should i fix this ?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 07:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out what you have set for your EXCERPTS in the theme options
Old Aug 16, 2010, 07:56 AM
drey

39 posts · May 2010
hello Jugglehead,

you make me remember that i droped the excerpt function as i am usin atahualpa 3.4.6 and there are problems with this theme version.

i tried to change the values of the excerpt, and whike during the test, i noticed that when i click on "July", i leave the archive page, and go back on the home page !
this is why i don't get excerpts !

what can i do in order to change this ?