Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Altahualpa 3.4.1 & Manual Excerpts Issue

Old Sep 9, 2009, 04:37 PM
kittydunes

2 posts · Sep 2009
Altahualpa 3.4.1 & Manual Excerpts Issue

Thank you, in advance, for any help you may provide.

I really like the Altahualpa theme and want to use it for my company's blog. However, I cannot figure out where the problem is with the Read More functions.

I am using WordPress 2.8.4 amd Altahualpa 3.4.1.

My URL is http://blog.kittydunes.com.

I have set all Configure Excerpts to Only Excerpts. I have set the Don't Strip These Tags to <a> and <p>. I have set the Custom Read More to <p>Continue reading <a href="%permalink%">%title%</a></p>.

My front page shows the excerpts just fine. The problem is that the Continue Reading does not show up after the excerpt.

I have tried to add this information into the actual excerpt field, but that did not work. Continue Reading %title% showed up when I tried that.

I am using the Manual Excerpts as opposed to having Wordpress pick out my excerpt or create a teaser using the More tag. I don't know if this is part of the problem or not. I want to use the Manual Excerpt option.

Any help you can give me in trying to get the Continue Reading to show up after the Manual Excerpts would be wonderful. Thank you again.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 01:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
teh link you posted is for a different theme than Atahualpa??
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:49 PM
kittydunes

2 posts · Sep 2009
Sorry about that - needed to get work done and had to be able to view a theme that worked with the Manual Excerpts to make sure things were kosher. I have activated the Atahualpa theme again at this time.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...4404#post14404