Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Every page shows the same posts.

Old Sep 4, 2010, 07:45 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
I added code to a template so that the results would show on pages and it worked, except that every page shows the same 10 posts. What did I do wrong?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What template did you add code to? What's the URL? What version of Atahualpa and WordPress?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:06 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
I made a template called 'category-PDF Download.php"'; the URL is 'http://www.beyondthefirstworld.com/?page_id=1880'; my WordPress version is 3.0.1 and right now I have Atahualpa 3.5.1 activated. I was using, and would like to again, 3.5.3, but cannot get my sidebars to show with .3
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:19 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The best way to build a template is take the index.php file, add what you want and save as a new name. Here is a post for one such template.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:04 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
Thank you very much. I used your suggestion and it worked wonderfully on all pages except my home page. I put the suggest lines into the template I use for my homepage and it moved the text over to make room for the sidebar, but nothing shows up. What did I do wrong?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Could you post a URL for the site?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:20 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
www.beyondthefirstworld.com
Old Sep 4, 2010, 02:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
A template is only used once if the page is marked as the front page. Once you do a 'older entries' WordPress looks to see if there is a home.php and if not, it uses index.php. I believe this is a bug in WordPress and have reported it, however I was told that is the way it works.

So here is what you need to do, Make a copy of your templatexxx.php and call it home.php that should do the job. Just remember to rename it if you ever change the 'front page displays' WordPress option or strange things may occur