Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

I want sidebars to go all the way up, past the header

Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:17 AM
denizente

5 posts · Mar 2010
Hi,

I would like if possible to have sidebars that run the length of the screen, ie have a header & logo that are the same width as my centre column. Cannot see any way to do this....

Thanks,

TC
Old Mar 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you cannot do that unless you want to do a lot of coding.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:32 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Europe (NL) ber-art.nl Windows 7x64 WP 3.x Atahualpa 3.7.x
Send a message via Skype™ to Ber|Art
Will this be a feature for the future versions maybe?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I doubt it because it would be two different structures.

You could of course, add a new widget area with 3 cells to the header. Make cell 1 the width of the left sidebar, make cell 3 the width of the right sidebar. Then copy the existing code for the header area into the middle text widget and you have an approximate of this request.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just did a similar type of thing on a site I built. It's the area just below the menu.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 08:30 PM
petrustone

3 posts · Mar 2010
Ottawa On, Canada
I also would like to be able to control the layout of the page and rezise the sizebars. Please point me in the right direction, I have some code experience.

By The Way, Atahualpa rules! And I mean it. I used to use it on http://www.head-massage.net but I migrated to Drupal. I am now using it on http://www.dorianblog.info and I don't cease to wonder how many options are there and how easy are to configure. And is very fast!!! I tried a few other themes and I got back to my first love Atahualpa.

Cheers,

Dor
Old Mar 13, 2010, 03:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
to resize the sidebars go to ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS and look at the 'xxxxx sidebar WIDTH' options
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:02 AM
petrustone

3 posts · Mar 2010
Ottawa On, Canada
Thanks Juggledad, I already did that. It is common sense to use the visual configurator...
I actually needed to change the height of the left column and make it go all the way up.
In fact my intention was initially different, I wanted to keep the logo full lenght and the left sidebar to begin under the logo. But then I realized that this is probably too complicated because the header is a block that contains other ellements such as %bar1 %logo %cats %bar2 %pages %bar1 that cannot be easily separated.
Any ideas about how can I make the left sidebar to go all the way up?

Thanks,

Dor
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go re read the thread. If you want to do it, it will take a restructure of the code.