Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Reaching for the $$ to donate, but...

Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:24 PM
billy2

7 posts · Aug 2009
for love of life I can't figure out the easiest issue -

if I want to use images up to 95px high on the right side of the logo area (no search box, no comments, just RSS for now them will add a twitter bird and an e-mail envelope -- think practica's excellent set), just how the heck do I do it? Hard code it all?

My logo is set at 114px high.. I assumed if I uploaded my image as post-feed-small.gif and added this css insert

.posts-icon {height: 95px;}

I'd be set. Nooooope. Obviously the right side is padded down but dang if I can find out where.

Can someone breeze me through this please?

Or, can it even be done?

cheers
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:36 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The logo area is not flexible enough yet, I will turn the single items there into tags such %blogtitle etc.

For now you should create your own logo area by replacing %logo with HTML and PHP. See functions/bfa_header_config.php for the right PHP code to display the blog title etc..
Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:55 AM
billy2

7 posts · Aug 2009
Thank you Flynn. I just found the css.php..

I ended up setting the theme width to 960 and commented out the line-width in each of the icon elements and it worked like a charm. For future practice, it would be nice if you allowed:

a. set the width of the left logo area to, say, 400..

b. set the width of the right logo area to be the balance and allow us to set the number of rows we want equally divisible by the height of the logo image minus the padding. That way we can use larger icons at the top and then use adsense 480x60 below the icons and then maybe even the date.

Good stuff.. keep plugging away.

Last edited by billy2; Aug 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:03 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can put the code into Style & Edit HEADER AREA -> Configure Header Area

No need to edit theme files

You can use HTML and PHP in that text area. Either blatantly hard code HTML there, or look up Wordpress PHP functions to display things like the blog title, or look into functions/bfa_header_config.php to see which PHP functions are used there