Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] PHP Markdown Extra not working in Atahualpa posts

Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:28 PM
dherrenvt

6 posts · Aug 2013
[SOLVED] PHP Markdown Extra not working in Atahualpa posts

Wordpress 3.6, Atahualpa 3.7.12 Markdown Extra 1.2.7 (all the latest versions as of this post to the best of my knowledge)

<http://world.arsu.org>

For some reason, markdown is not getting called on multi-post pages (for example, if you were to check the Homework links in the right sidebar--school is just about to start so there aren't a lot of homework assignments yet--if you look, be sure to look at one that has more than one assignment)

Also, the wordpress <!--more--> tag does not seem to be working either.

I have just started using Atahualpa, but I have been a wordpress and markdown user for many years. The school district just migrated to google sites, but I refused and took the opportunity to try out atahualpa.

When I double check the posts themselves, they are perfectly formed markdown (they're quite simple, just some ULs and LIs).

I have also noticed that sometimes, even a single post doesn't format correctly.

Suggestions? Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Would 'Spanish 2 Plans' be an example? If so, that is a category page and I'll bet you are displaying it as an excerpt (look at the Excerpts section of the theme options)

One thing about excerpts is atahualpa follows the Wordpress default and strips all HTML from the excerpt.

Maybe you want to display themes full posts (see the options)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:40 PM
dherrenvt

6 posts · Aug 2013
Bingo! Many thanks!

I am quite impressed with the capabilities of this theme. If I had any criticism, it is that it is so dense that many of these settings are difficult to find.

Again, many thanks for the suggestion and resolution. Classes begin tomorrow!