Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Google Chrome not uploading settings file

Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:38 AM
bymclaugh

4 posts · Nov 2009
I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I'm using Google Chrome on a Mac as well as WP version 3 and Atahualpa 3.5.3, and I was trying to upload a settings file for my webpage using the Import/Export feature in Atahualpa 3.5.3, and every time I tried, I would select the file and nothing would happen. I could refresh a page on my website and nothing would change. After banging my head on this for a while, I decided to try it using Firefox on my Mac, and voila, it worked just fine.

I have no idea what's causing the issue, Chrome or Atahualpa, but I thought I should let the issue be know just in case, especially since I use Chrome a lot these days and would love to see the issue figured out at some point.

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just exported and imported a style with Chrome (build 6.0.472.55) on Windows 7 and it worked fine.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:42 AM
hartsook

7 posts · Sep 2010
Oakland CA
Send a message via AIM to hartsook Send a message via Skype™ to hartsook
I think it's a Chrome on Mac thing. I had just the same problem using version 6.0.472.55 I'd click the upload button, choose the file then back to the settings page and no green text acknowledgment the file had been uploaded.

Switch to Firefox and the same settings file uploads and installs perfectly.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Hopefully one of these days all the browsers will be on the same page. I'm not too confident about IE though.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:11 AM
bymclaugh

4 posts · Nov 2009
Yeah, not too surprised if it is just a Chrome on the Mac thing. Glad someone else was able to at least replicate it, though. I'm really digging Chrome these days, but I can always just do the upload in Firefox if need be.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:41 PM
lildreeee

1 posts · Sep 2010
Google Chrome doesn't seem to work well with me wither everything has to be done with firefox for me, which I don't particularly enjoy. I'm on a macbook.

Wow Cataclysm