Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Category Page Revisited

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 24, 2009, 07:46 PM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Category Page Revisited

Not sure if the new versions are getting me confused after following some of the existing threads;

I've installed the newer version of Category Page 2.5 plugin (not Cat2Page).
WordPress version 2.8.2
Atahualpa version 3.4.1

I see that there is a line of code for cat2page in the 'above the loop' section as promised in some earlier threads.

If I go to a page and insert [catlist=3] then I get the bulleted list of postings.

However, what I need is the page information iinserted above the category list.
What I get is ARCHIVE FOR THE 'Category Name' CATEGORY and then the posts follow (no page information inserted above).

I checked that the page is associated with the category.

I found on some threads that I should change IS_Archive to IS_Category on line 15 of index.php. but I can't find any references to either of these terms anywhere in index.php. I assume that was an earlier version.

What am I doing wrong?
I'm very impressed with the theme and its perfect for my sites - if only I could get this plug-in to work so I could display general information summary before the category listing....

Any feedback would be appreciated... and if category page works - a good donation!

Thanks!