Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Possible to remove Title Container from a single widget? (create ID or Class?)

Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
davidsteinmusic

13 posts · Sep 2010
Possible to remove Title Box from a single widget? (create ID or Class?)

I'm using Atahualpa version 3.5.3 (which I'm a big fan of) and my site is temporarily here:

davidsteinmusic.com/wptemp

I inserted a new widget into my footer to achieve placing html code (of an image) at the top of my footer. However, there is a small gap (about 5px of what appears to be background color) due to the widget title box I believe. It basically makes it look like the b.g. image and the image at the top of my footer aren't touching, which I would like them to do.

My first thought was padding on my widgets. But ATO>Style WIDGETS>Widget Container: shows:
font-size: 12px;
margin: 0 0 5px 0;
padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px;
.....*So, the R and L sides of widget containers have 10px padding but nothing on top or bottom. Correct?

I also checked to make sure the space was in footer and not in the center column and it is not. My center column has no padding on bottom - only 15px on sides. ATO>Style & edit CENTER COLUMN>Center Column Style: padding: 0px 15px 0px;

I tried removing the padding-bottom and margin-bottom from the ATO>Style WIDGETS>Widget Title:
but the 5px or so of space remained.
font-size: 0.8em;
font-weight: normal;
text-transform: uppercase;
letter-spacing: 1px;
color: #333;
border-bottom: solid 1px #252525;
padding-bottom: 10px;/*i tried making this zero but it didn't fix issue*/
margin-bottom: 10px; /*i tried making this zero but it didn't fix issue*/
text-align:center;
Plus, I'd like to have all my other widgets have this style applied to them.

SO, how can I remove the title box from one particular widget? I read about creating ID's and Classes here to address specific theme items, but wasn't sure 1.) if doing that would achieve my goal of trying to remove the title box for only 1 of my widgets and 2.) what to insert into ATO>Various Content Items> Add HTML/CSS inserts.

Also, I tried putting the HTML code of the image into %bar2 but had trouble with centering it and then figured that a widget would be a more appropriate way to place the image where I want it. If there is another way to place image (via html) at the top of my footer i'm all ears.

Last edited by davidsteinmusic; Sep 24, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:55 AM
davidsteinmusic

13 posts · Sep 2010
sorry - didn't actually link to my site:

http://www.davidsteinmusic.com/wptemp
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:48 AM
davidsteinmusic

13 posts · Sep 2010
After inspecting the element where my mystery space is in Google Chrome, I noticed ithat under the Styles section of the developer tools window it said:

table {
border-spacing: 2px 2px;
border-collapse: separate;
}

I'm not exactly sure how to 'read' the developer tools window but I thought about changing table padding or margins. Also not sure what the border collapse portion means, but I thought that 2px on top and bottom might acount for my 4 or 5px of space I'm seeing. So......

I looked at the ATO>Various Content Items>Style Tables and tried removing any padding on all th and tr's but nothing changed.

I'll keep on trying to tweak things to see what will rid me of this space.

thanks in advance to any help!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:36 AM
davidsteinmusic

13 posts · Sep 2010
So I've read another thread that answers my question: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...a+space+footer

Essentially I have to remove the <p>...</P> element that the browsers places at the beginning of the footer. I'll make my donation as soon as I can and ask for details on how to do so.

thanks
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:58 AM
davidsteinmusic

13 posts · Sep 2010
SOLVED:

Thanks to Juggle Dad's suggestions in other posts, I installed Firebug and inspected the element where my mystery space was. As he mentioned in this post here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...a+space+footer there is a <p>...</p> element in the footer. I was able to remove it finally and my mystery space is gone.

Hopefully I can receive an answer to this post to see if there's a better way to accomplish this than editing .php files. I'd like to make this change through the CSS / HTML inserts so that when I upgrade, the change will stick. I'll donate as soon as I can. Thanks for a great theme and a great forum.