Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Cannot wrap text around a widget in IE

Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
carter_coleman

5 posts · Nov 2010
I made a widget area and put it in the center column above the loop.

In Firefox, the text wraps around the widget (which I want), but in IE, it behaves as if I'm adding an entire sidebar, and text does not wrap.

Any ideas on how to make it behave in IE?

Just the placement of the widget area with the php code in the center column (i.e., with no widget in it) makes this behavior happen, so it's not the contents of the widget.

Last edited by carter_coleman; Dec 18, 2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just putting the php code for the widget area should do nothing. What is the code you are using and where in the above the loop box are you putting it?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
carter_coleman

5 posts · Nov 2010
I'm using the simplest form of the php <?php bfa_widget_area('name=SignUpButton'); ?> and putting it in Style & edit CENTER COLUMN / Content ABOVE the LOOP.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Could you supply a link to the site?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:44 PM
carter_coleman

5 posts · Nov 2010
What looks like an empty RH sidebar in IE is what this widget area does (in FF the text wraps like I want). The SignUpButton widget has no content in it.

Last edited by carter_coleman; Dec 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I don't think your float right for the widget area is going to work for IE.